The Rainbow Route has been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! It is such an honour to be recognised this early in a travel blog’s life. Much gratitude to Emilia on the Road for this nomination. I have been asked a bunch of questions about travel and blogging, so here are my answers:
What is the first thing you usually start missing from home after having been gone for a long time?
If I’m travelling solo, I start missing my wife before she has even dropped me off at the airport. If we’re travelling together, I really miss washing my hair everyday😊
What languages can you speak and are you brave enough to use them all?
I am working on becoming fluent in Spanish. I do use it when I travel, but I can’t vouch for how well I actually communicate. We both tried learning Japanese for our recent trip to Japan and felt pretty proud when we tossed out a phrase or two.
What has been the most potentially dangerous situation you’ve ended up in on a trip?
I needed to take a long cab ride from a city in India to the nearest train station. This one man was being very adamant that I should hire him, but I was getting very, very bad vibes from him. I ended up going to the hotel next door to book a driver through them.
What is your preferred way of travelling – planes, trains or automobiles :)?
I love trains. Sure, planes are faster, but I find trains so relaxing.
What are your travel plans for the ongoing year?
I am taking my mom to Cuba for her first trip ever! Then we have two family trips to Maui. After that…who knows?
Do you prefer staying at hotels or hostels, private rooms or dorms, or is it couch surfing or house sitting all the way for you?
I prefer couchsurfing and have met some really great people that way. Unfortunately, it’s becoming more difficult to find a host these days. We tend to use AirBnB because we need a kitchen to prepare our allergy-friendly food.
What places or countries would you recommend to a nature lover?
Top 3 – Countries with the Best Food
What part of being a travel blogger do you love the most?
It’s a great way for me to be able to share my adventures with my family and friends. They get to hear the stories they might not otherwise and it helps us stay connected.
Are you interested in getting to know new people when you travel or do you prefer to keep to yourself?
Laura and I are both introverts, but we are always on the look out for compatible people who are up for some meaningful conversation or impromptu adventures!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award from bloggers to bloggers – it’s a way for us to spread our love for the inspiring blogs that we have discovered and to show our support to the blogging community.
For the blogs that I’ve nominated below, you’ll need to…
1) Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
2) Answer the questions you got from the person who nominated you
3) Nominate other blogs and give them questions to answer
4) Notify your nominees through social media or by commenting on their blog
5) List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post
I’m nominating the following blogs:
My questions for you:
- What has been your most embarrassing moment on an airplane?
- Window seat or aisle (and why)?
- What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten while travelling?
- Do you try to stay healthy when you travel or does that all go out the window once you take off?
- What has been your scariest moment while travelling?
- Is there any country you would consider moving to?
- Have you ever had a life-changing epiphany because of your travels?
- Coffee or tea? How do you start your day in a new destination?
- Do you like to pre-plan your itinerary or be totally spontaneous?
I would love to hear from readers too! Please share your travel thoughts in the comments below 😊